Oversee design development and project management for all assigned projects related to interior furnishing as well as architectural designs for additions, renovations and new homes. Assist Principal in development of full and complete design suite from conceptual design to finished projects. Manage all project related tasks, client meetings and contractor coordination. Adhere to MQD aesthetics and standards.
- Research and analysis of the client’s goals and requirements; development of drawings, schedules, budgets and diagrams that outline specified needs.
- Procure and document site measurements and existing conditions.
- Formulate preliminary space plans and design concept studies/sketches that integrate the client’s needs and are in keeping with MQD aesthetics/standards.
- Oversee implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation.
- Material management from selection to delivery and installation; research, select and obtain exterior and interior material options with cost analysis.
- Select and specify furnishings, fixtures, equipment and millwork, including layout drawings and detailed product description.
- Prepare specification and schedules with accurate product information for all furnishings, plumbing, appliances, lighting and finishes.
- Prepare construction documents, consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications; power and communications locations; reflected ceiling plans and lighting designs; materials and finishes; and furniture layouts. Ability to field measure and document building condition.
- Prepare project cost and fee analysis, proposal and review project billing. Manage project budget to client’s expectations and project parameters.
- Coordinate and collaborate with outside design professionals retained to provide consulting services.
- Review presentations with principal a minimum of 24 hours prior to client meeting.
- Schedule and lead weekly project updates with client in person or video conference.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years Interior Design experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Photo editing software, and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent presentation skills, including space planning and drawing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Task Focus: Delivers outstanding service to clients and vendors that meets and exceeds expectations.
- Ethics and Integrity: Adheres to MQD values, beliefs and principals of innovation and excellence in design.
- Composure: Remains calm, maintains perspective and responds in a professional manner when faced with difficult situations.
- Personal Learning: Takes personal responsibility for continuing education.
- Flexible: Able to successfully navigate uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Decisive: Makes timely and quality decisions based on analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Strong experience in management of a design concept within a team environment from implementation through completion, that is on schedule, on budget, and meets design intent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Studio Webware and MS Office
- Relational: Builds effective relationships with all people; inside and out of MQD.
- Result Oriented: Gets results and achieves goals.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mead Quin at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!