Mead Quin Design is a full-service interior design firm with a focus on high quality residential interiors, and is passionate about creating enticing, beautiful, and well-loved spaces for our clients.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our talented, collaborative, fast-growing, and very fun team!
The position of Senior Designer contributes to our success by designing and managing the schematic design, design development, and project management of our residential projects.
The Senior Designer will represent the Principal Designer’s objectives both orally and visually and will manage all project-related tasks, client meetings, and contractor coordination. The Senior Designer will work directly with the Principal Designer, and collaborate with fellow studio members, clients, consultants, and artisans.
Our office is located in Emeryville, CA.
- Development and realization of project from start to finish
- Lead team in conceiving project concept and design to meet client program, MQD standards, and project budget constraints
- Prepare project cost, fee analysis, and review project billing
- Ensure on-time delivery of all deliverables
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of all project documents including:
- Design presentations
- Mood boards
- Rendered plans, elevations, and views in AutoCAD
- Specifications and drawings
- Furniture selection
- Custom furniture design and documentation
- Construction management
- FFE documentation
- Review, in collaboration with Principal Designer, all documents to ensure they meet design intent, client’s needs and visions, and MQD standards
- Act as liaison between Principal Designer and design team during design process
- Work with Principal Designer to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, and project milestones
- Represent and manage design coordination between clients and consultants
- Attend site visits and client presentations
- Present design presentations to clients and consultants
- Lead team in performing field visits/measurements and construction administration services including site visits, responding to RFIs, reviewing control samples and shop drawings, coordinating with consultants, manufacturers, and contractors, and completing punch list
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Observe and communicate trends in residential design
- Attend vendor presentations and inform team of new and innovative products
- Pursue individual professional/skill development
- Contribute to studio development goals
- Attend and represent MQD at industry events/trade shows as required
- Minimum of 7 years experience in residential interior design or proven skill level
- Strong conceptual design approach
- Interior Design degree
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to bring individuals together to create a collaborative team
- Proven organizational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects across various phases
- Strong experience in management of a design concept within a team environment from implementation through completion, that is on schedule, on budget, and meets design intent
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Studio Webware and MS Office
- Is collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors, and internal staff
Please send cover letter and resume to Mead Quin at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!